Looking for a tanning bed in Peterborough for this Winter?
Sadly, summer is coming to an end. As we move into the colder months, I’m sure many of you tanning lovers are wanting to keep up that sun kissed glow and hold onto summer. Our tanning bed in our Peterborough salon is a great way to do this.
We offer professional tanning equipment such as our tanning beds, so you can keep up that tan. Be a bronzed goddess with our stand up tanning beds! And our trained professionals can give you recommendations on session frequency and duration.
It’s your first time tanning? No worries. The team at the salon can give you all the advice and information you need so you feel safe and comfortable for your session, don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions or concerns.
What are the benefits of a tanning bed in our Peterborough salon?
A tanning bed can help your body produce vitamin D
Tanning beds are a good source of vitamin D for your body. Whilst it shouldn’t be all that you rely on for this, it’s certainly a benefit. Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium, of course strengthening bones. But it also has been shown to help certain mental health disorders and things like high blood pressure.
They help with hormone balance
Hormonal balance helps bring oil levels up, reducing the likelihood of too much oil on your skin, and helping clear pores. For those with dry skin, it can boost oil production – so overall, it can help give you clearer, healthier skin due to hormone balance. Tanning beds can also help reduce the visibility of skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
Indoor tanning reduces scar visibility
Tanning beds can also help reduce visibility of scars or stretch marks. Not in the sense that it gets rid of them, but it can darken or lighten the colour, helping them blend in with your natural skin tone. So if this is something you’re insecure about, tanning beds may be a good way to go.
May help with weight loss
UV rays from tanning beds can actually help boost metabolism, which is a huge benefit to weight loss. Seasonal Affective Depression is quite a common disorder – it’s essentially when mood can drop and people may suffer with depression during the winter. Often we may resort to comfort foods when feeling low, so the vitamin D from tanning beds can help boost mood and get rid of that need for comfort food.
Tanning bed guidelines…
- You must be 18 or over, we may as for ID if you look under 25- it is against the law for anyone under the age of 18 to use a tanning bed
- Wear eye protection, goggles are provided – UV rays from tanning beds can damage eye sight. Remember to remove contacts before tanning.
- Have knowledge of your skin type – some skin types aren’t safe under UV light. We ask you to fill out a card identifying your skin type before your session.
- Use a moisturizer or tanning lotion – this helps your skin stay moisturized and protected from damaged, aging skin.
- Don’t tan when using medicines – some medicines can increase sensitivity to UV rays and can increase the chance of sunburn.
- Don’t wear cosmetics/makeup – cosmetics can change/influence the effects of UV rays, again increasing you skins sensitivity and chance of sunburn.
- Don’t go over your tanning time – we will recommend tanning times for your skin type so you don’t get overexposed to UV rays.
- Leave 24 hours between each tanning session – your skin needs time to utilize UV exposure and produce melanin, which gives your skin the tan.
- 60 minutes – £32
- 90 minutes – £40
- 120 minutes – £50
- Single minutes – £1 per minute
- Unlimited monthly usage – £45 per month
- Sachets – £2
- Bottles – £14
Take a look at the Tanning section of our website, for more information on our tanning services, and our loyalty offer!